Sky Valley Lodge
In constructing Sky Valley Lodge, we had in mind a restful haven, where you can exercise your body or relax your mind, work in peace, or commune with neighbors. Fabricated in a way that commemorates the skills of the area’s historic settlers, our beautiful owners’ lodge was hand-hewn from 160-year-old hemlock from an old barn and timbers that were harvested from the property.
- Antique quarter sawn, glass-front oak cabinets highlight a sophisticated entertaining kitchen overlooking the grand lodge with a native stone fireplace.
- Naturally lit fitness facility with sauna, handicapped bathroom, an array of equipment and free weights
- Outdoor living room with fireplace and long range views of Mt. Mitchell, Pisgah National Forest and Whisper Mountain’s own Double Creek Park
- Terrace spa overlooking Sky Valley Park, beyond which lies 30 miles of awe-inspiring mountain vistas
- Upstairs business center with Internet, printing, copying and faxing capabilities
- Covered terrace with a private stone fireplace for cozy gatherings of friends.
- Spacious fine wood decks are big enough to entertain large gatherings, accommodate a band or a wedding party.
For the more spirited, consider Glamping, glamorous camping, at our historic tent camp. Our luxurious tents are 11×14 with queen sized beds, hand cut bedside tables, camp stoves and lanterns, and conveniently located near the Sky Valley Lodge, for bathroom facilities. Enjoy a cup of hot chocolate by the campfire and create memories with your friends or family.